Are you still using MS Office 2007?
Microsoft has announced that support for the beloved and widely used Office suite is ending on October 10, 2017. What does this mean? Well, as with all Microsoft end of life products, this will propose the termination of bug fixes and updates for security. This does not make the software unusable, however, you will be proceeding at your own risk.
What options are available?
Fear not! There are many alternative solutions that are still available to upgrade to.
Office 2013 / 2016:
With an updated aesthetic and integrated cloud storage solution, Office 2013 and 2016 offer a clean and innovative experience to anyone from home users to powerhouse enterprises. Some new features are listed below:
- Ability to insert audio and video from an online source into Word.
- Enhanced touch capability to work with mobile devices and tablets.
- New visualization for schedule in Outlook.
- Support for Outlook.com and Hotmail.com mail clients.
- Online collaboration in real-time (exclusive for 2016).
- Big emphasis on Microsoft OneDrive (cloud) storage.
Need to always have the latest releases of Microsoft Office? The Office 365 solution will give you just that. Sold as a subscription service (per month/ per year), Office 365 will keep you up to date with any new revisions or updates to your Office software. There are single install options as well as versions that support up to 5 devices. Here are some advantages for going with Office 365:
- Option to install the latest versions of Office.
- Preferred support with Microsoft.
- Transferable licensing.
- Multi-install ability (with Home or Business versions only).
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Need help finding the right version of Office for you?
Give us a call to speak with a licensing expert!
Sales and Support M-F 6:00am – 4:00pm PST
Subscribe to the Trusted Tech Team Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox