It used to be that getting hacked or breached could be resolved by changing a password. Today, those attacks are focused on credit card companies, government databases, voting machines, and public utility infrastructure, just to list a few.
With the rapidly growing tech industry showing no signs of stopping anytime soon, cybersecurity becomes more of an issue every day. With the demand for cybersecurity changes being made in almost every company, the need for skilled cybersecurity professionals is at an all-time high.
We will take a look at some of the most in-demand cybersecurity jobs to date, and describe their role in keeping companies safe.
Top Cybersecurity Jobs
Some of the most coveted positions in the current job market revolve around cybersecurity. Here are some of the top-paying jobs:
- Penetration Tester: probes for and exploits security vulnerabilities in web-based applications, networks, and systems.
- Cybersecurity Engineer: builds fool-proof security systems.
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO): helms a company’s cybersecurity strategies.
- Security Architect: designs, builds, and oversees complex network and computer security at a high level.
- Network Security Analyst: manages the security of a company’s entire computer network and information system.
- Cybersecurity Analyst: protects company websites and computer networks from cyberattacks (e.g. malicious software (malware), unethical hacks, denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, viruses).
Competition for qualified cybersecurity professionals is driving up salaries and improving benefit offerings, including more vacation time, access to more advanced training programs, and telecommuting options.
The future of training and retaining these professionals will be vital for years to come, so keep an eye out for more cybersecurity employees joining your team.
Check out this article from TechCrunch for more on the cybersecurity employment void.
Subscribe to the Trusted Tech Team Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox