Adobe Acrobat 2017 and You
Chances are if you have worked in a business setting, you have come across documents through Adobe Acrobat. It is a staple among businesses as one of the most used platforms for exchanging and creating documents.
We will be taking a look at Acrobat 2017 and Adobe Acrobat DC, and how it simplifies everyday PDF tasks and includes productivity enhancements when working with PDFs from your desktop.
What’s New with Acrobat 2017?
Acrobat 2017 boasts new improvements to the Acrobat you use all the time. Some improvements include:
- Show role mapped tags: Acrobat now automatically shows PDF standard tags in the tag tree instead of the original or source tag when it has been role mapped.
- Easy remediation of tables: You can now easily remediate tables by associating header cells to multiple row or column cells. Data cells without headers will be highlighted automatically.
- Auto-generate header cell IDs: You can now easily generate cell IDs for all the header cells.
- Export PDF improvements: Tables and table of contents (TOC) detection are improved when exporting to Word. Issues around word spacing, textbox formation for chart labels, and list bullet appearance are fixed when exporting from PowerPoint. Performance and memory handling are improved to better address insufficient memory errors.
- UI enhancement for automatic OCR: The “Convert to Text” and the “Revert to Image” buttons are now removed and replaced with a single “Recognize Text” checkbox.
- Compare files enhancements: Previously, the file comparison results for scanned files were not accurate because the comparison was run in image comparison mode for these files. Now, the Compare Files tool shows a warning to the user that “Selected document is a scanned PDF and contains no text. Acrobat will perform image to image comparison only.” Also, if an input file has text recognition already performed, the Compare Files tool delivers better results.
For more of how to use the latest from Adobe Acrobat 2017, check out the Adobe Help page.
Acrobat DC is the latest subscription version of Acrobat. With Acrobat DC, you always have the most recent version of Acrobat software with the newest product innovations and tools for desktop and mobile. DC includes:
- Use the Acrobat Reader mobile app to create, edit, and sign PDFs.
- Create PDFs files from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents, images or photos from your mobile device or online.
- Convert PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files from your mobile device or online.
- Edit text in a PDF on your iPad.
- Organize pages in PDF files from your iOS or Android tablet or smartphone.
- Turn your mobile device camera into a portable scanner.
- Turn Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), or InDesign (INDD) files into PDFs.
- Combine multiple files into a single PDF.
- Get signatures from others, track responses, and archive signed documents.
- Send, track and confirm receipt of important documents, without overnight deliveries.
- Store and access files securely online with 20GB of storage.
Businesses that frequently exchange documents benefit from Adobe Acrobat, as converting to and from various programs has been enhanced significantly. PDF documents created with Adobe Acrobat are smart files that you can edit, sign, share, protect, and search, and are designed to suit any type of screen or display. It seems like a no-brainer for document-heavy businesses.
Trusted Tech Team is an accredited Microsoft CSP Direct Bill Partner, carrying multiple Solutions Partner designations and the now-legacy Microsoft Gold Partner competency. Based in Irvine, California, we report trends affecting IT pros everywhere.
If your organization uses Microsoft 365 or Azure, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary savings report from a Trusted Tech Team Licensing Engineer. Click here to schedule a consultation with our team now to learn how much you can save today.
Subscribe to the Trusted Tech Team Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox