Perpetual Versions: Pro vs. Premier
The 2021 edition of Quickbooks Desktop is available in two perpetual versions: Pro & Premier.
Desktop Pro 2021 is best-suited for small & medium-sized businesses. Ideal for simpler bookkeeping without sales and expense forecasting, it gives 3 or fewer users concurrent access to single company files. In addition, Pro 2021 includes the following:
- Maximal tax deduction capability.
- Performance tracking and reporting.
- Data imports from Excel, Quicken, etc.
- International sales (tax) tracking in multiple currencies.
Desktop Premier 2021 is best-suited for small businesses. Ideal for extensive bookkeeping, forecasting, and planning; it provides 5 or fewer users industry-specific features for competitive advantage. Premier 2021 includes all Pro 2021 features AND the following:
- Sales order creation and expense forecasting.
- Product and service pricing by customer type.
- Cost tracking for products/inventory with custom reports.
- Industry-specific reporting (i.e., retail, nonprofit, general business, general contractor, professional services, manufacturing & wholesale).
NOTE: Pro & Premier both have optional Payroll and Unlimited support add-ons.
Subscription Versions: Pro Plus vs. Premier Plus
Quickbooks Desktop 2021 is also available in two subscription versions: Pro Plus & Premier Plus.
Pro Plus 2021 and Premier Plus 2021 include all the features from their perpetual counterparts (Pro 2021 and Premier 2021). What primarily differentiates them, however, is that the Plus versions include:
- Unlimited (free) customer support.
- Unlimited (automatic) data backup & recovery.
- Unlimited upgrades (i.e., features, security patches, updates).
- QuickBooks Desktop mobile app-based receipt management.
Trusted Tech Team is an accredited Microsoft CSP Direct Bill Partner, carrying multiple Solutions Partner designations and the now-legacy Microsoft Gold Partner competency. Based in Irvine, California, we report trends affecting IT pros everywhere.
If your organization uses Microsoft 365 or Azure, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary savings report from a Trusted Tech Team Licensing Engineer. Click here to schedule a consultation with our team now to learn how much you can save today.
Subscribe to the Trusted Tech Team Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox