Volume Licensing and Software Assurance policies can seem distorted due to non-standardization. However, with a little guidance from our in-house licensing experts and Spiceworks colleagues, Microsoft aficionados recently learned how to swiftly traverse the licensing pathway.
Our most recent Video Meetup (VMU), “Microsoft Licensing 101: Volume Licensing and Software Assurance”, clarified perennial factors determining Volume Licensing capacity, including:
- Eligibility requirements based on organizational volume
- Immediate or scheduled payment structures
- Permanent or temporary product use
- Software Assurance benefits
Furthermore, the categorical structures and relative variations of the Volume Licensing matrix were outlined in regard to:
- TRANSACTIONAL vs. COMMITTED licenses
- SMALL (5-249 desktops) vs. LARGE (250+ desktops) licenses
- Open Business vs. Open Value (Non company wide) options
- Select Plus vs. MPSA (Microsoft Products & Services Agreement)
- Open Value (Company Wide) vs. Open Value Subscription
- Enterprise Agreement vs. Enterprise Subscription Agreement
Trusted Tech Team (TTT) licensing experts defined Software Assurance as: “a range of benefits which provide technology, services, and support to manage the software lifecycle.” More specifically, it was discussed as a product enhancement add-on for training, support, and usage rights. Ultimately, software assurance maximizes your product type or product-specific benefits.
A major takeaway from “Microsoft Licensing 101” was clarifying the fact that software assurance is an oft-discarded licensing option that ultimately saves you time and money. Bonus topics covered in the VMU included:
Trusted Tech Team is an accredited Microsoft CSP Direct Bill Partner, carrying multiple Solutions Partner designations and the now-legacy Microsoft Gold Partner competency. Based in Irvine, California, we report trends affecting IT pros everywhere.
If your organization uses Microsoft 365 or Azure, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary savings report from a Trusted Tech Team Licensing Engineer. Click here to schedule a consultation with our team now to learn how much you can save today.
Subscribe to the Trusted Tech Team Blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox