Cybersecurity and the Demand for Employees
It used to be that getting hacked or breached could be solved by changing a password. Today, those attacks are focused on credit card companies, government databases, voting machines, and public utility infrastructure, just to list a few. With the rapidly growing tech industry showing no signs of stopping anytime soon, cybersecurity becomes more of an issue every day. With the demands for cybersecurity changes being made in almost every company, the demand for skilled cybersecurity professionals is at an all-time high. We will take a look at some of the most in-demand cybersecurity jobs to date and look into what their role is in keeping companies safe.
Top Cybersecurity Jobs
Some of the most coveted jobs on the market right now revolve around cybersecurity. Here are some of the top paying jobs:
- Penetration testers: A Penetration Tester probes for and exploits security vulnerabilities in web-based applications, networks and systems.
- Cybersecurity engineers: A Security Engineer is concerned with building fool-proof security systems.
- CISOs: The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) helms a company’s cybersecurity strategies.
- Security Architect: A Security Architect is responsible for designing, building, and overseeing complex network and computer security at a high level.
- Network Security Analyst: A Network Security Analyst is responsible for managing the security of a company’s entire computer network and information system.
- Cybersecurity Analyst: A Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for protecting and preventing cyberattacks, like malware, denial-of-service attacks, viruses, and hacks, on a company’s website and computer networks.
Competition for qualified cybersecurity professionals is driving up salaries and better benefit offerings, including more vacation time, access to more advanced training programs, and telecommuting options. The future of training and retaining these employees will be vital in the years to come, so keep an eye out for even more cybersecurity employees joining your team. Check out this article from TechCrunch for more on the cybersecurity employment void.